Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hexagon Quilt Progress

I have been working on a hexagon quilt inspired by this quilt in the Nebraska State Historical Site .




I began making the hexies in Oct 2010, so two years now. I work on it mostly on the go- when I'm riding the car, or waiting at the doctor's office or on my lunch hour. 



A few more than half of the blocks have been put together for a queen sized quilt. I figured out I need 31 stars, 76 circles and 18 little 3 and 4 patches for the sides.


The original quilt is a top only and doesn't appear to be finished or maybe it has deteriorated around the edges. In order to have a straight top and botton edge, I plan on filling them in with 3 patches.


 Here are a few sewn together...



If anyone is working on or has finished a hexagon quilt, I'd love to see. Or if anyone has any idea on how to finish the edges, I'd love to hear about it

Thanks for visiting! 

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with your hexie quilt.

    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Love your Christmas table runner!

      Delete
  2. Great quilt!! And your dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. I love hexies, and have done lots of them, different sizes. I can show you how I did the edges, if you like. Greetings from Norway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I see you follow quiltville too- love her.

      Delete
  4. Your hexagons look stunning together! It's gonna be a very cheerful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness! This is going to be so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Judy - what a fabulous hexie quilt that is going to be. And good for you that you are almost done with it. You've given me hope with mine that is also being made a little here a little there. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!