Saturday, December 21, 2013

Another finish- antique stars!

I recently finished up this quilt made from blocks that I "won" on a fellow bloggers website. Check out debzpicaday.blogspot.com.  Deb makes quilts and Christmas stockings for our troops and their families, shares inspiration and takes a picture a day for her blog.
 
 
On one of her "win it Wednesdays" (day 448) she gave away a bunch of patriotic antique blocks that she got in a lot from Ebay.

 
Some of the blocks were pretty worn, but I salvaged what I could and finally pieced them together with new border fabrics that looked aged. I hand-tied it with pearl cotton because all of the stars were hand pieced and were a little uneven and wouldn't lay flat. 

 
I especially like the double-pink stars- not sure if they started out red, but I think it gives a nice variety.

 
 Thanks for looking
and 
Thanks Deb!

3 comments:

I appreciate your comments!