Monday, December 30, 2013

Celtic Solstice mystery part 5 link-up (and some hexies)

I'm afraid his weekends progress on Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice mystery is pretty poor :(
 
 
I only finished two blocks, but I did cut out all of the blue triangles and a few neutral triangle sets.
I got lots of organizing done, cleaned and oiled two older machines, and worked on hexies.
 
 
 
I know the star is a little dark, but I think the monsters are cute and to be honest I'm running out of fabric.  It's getting hard to remember which fabrics I've already used!
 
 
Still hoping to have this quilt finished by September!
 
 
(Go here to see all of the mystery participants who did make progress).

8 comments:

  1. Any progress is good progress! LOVE the hexies! Those monsters are adorable! I am consumed with my hexi project as I only have a few to do before I can start putting the quilt top together. On my way to check out your hexi link. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Took a peek at your blog - looks like you do it all! I haven't tried pieced hexies yet, but I have to admit I purchased a larger hex punch for my next project ;)

      Delete
  2. Mystery and hexies looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hexies! You give me hope to continue mine. I invite you to link to Hexie Friday to show off your wonderful hexies. One of the other linkers may be able to advise you on the edges. The mystery is so fun - just didn't have time for it this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have linked and will follow your blog to see other hexie addicts.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hexies. That pattern is so nice. I have a hexie project in the works but I've not touched it these last couple of weeks. Now that the holidays are over I'm ready to get back to them. They are sooo addictive. lol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!