Saturday, January 18, 2014

I made a Mega Pinnie

Did I need another pin cushion? Not really, but I thought this one was too cute to pass up.


This is a free pattern from Shelia over at Blue Patch Quilter.
Check out her site, she has lots of neat quilty stuff.


The best part was I had all the supplies on hand and it only took about two hours.  I took all of the 2 1/2 inch squares from my scraps!

 

I was low on fiber fill, so I cut up some batting scraps and made do- seemed to work! 


The only thing I noticed was that the six- 7 inch "body" squares were too big for the 6 1/2 inch wide pocket pieces. So I trimmed them down to 6 1/2 inches. I may have missed something in the pattern, but pay close attention if you decide to make it.


Another tip: 
Don't make the base color yellow if that is the color of the majority of your pins. 

Thanks for stopping by!






7 comments:

  1. I love that this is a pincushion that has more than one purpose. I love the pockets on the sides and I'm thinking I will make one and add a packet of rice, beans or stuffing beads to give weight to the bottom.. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an excellent idea! It does tend to tip over. I will do that on the next one. I think these would make a great gift for a quilter or seamstress.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea! Can never have enough pin cushions, there's always a needle stuck somewhere it shouldn't be otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something which I think I
    would never understand. It seems too complex and very broad for me.
    I'm looking forward for your next post, I'll try to get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm it looks like your site ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up
    what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything.
    Do you have any points for novice blog writers? I'd really appreciate
    it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! As you can see, I’m not a great or really up to date blogger. However I’m working on a project now- seat weaving- that I’m documenting to add to the blog just because I couldn’t find any info on it and want to be helpful to others in the same situation. All I can tell you is to write as though you’re speaking to friends. You can find lots of ideas on designing a blog online. Also, be consistent and try to post regularly if you’re trying to develop a following or make money. I’m not great at this- just created this blog to put info out there and connect with other quilter/ do it yourselfers. Good luck!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments!