Saturday, January 18, 2014

I made a Mega Pinnie

Did I need another pin cushion? Not really, but I thought this one was too cute to pass up.


This is a free pattern from Shelia over at Blue Patch Quilter.
Check out her site, she has lots of neat quilty stuff.


The best part was I had all the supplies on hand and it only took about two hours.  I took all of the 2 1/2 inch squares from my scraps!

 

I was low on fiber fill, so I cut up some batting scraps and made do- seemed to work! 


The only thing I noticed was that the six- 7 inch "body" squares were too big for the 6 1/2 inch wide pocket pieces. So I trimmed them down to 6 1/2 inches. I may have missed something in the pattern, but pay close attention if you decide to make it.


Another tip: 
Don't make the base color yellow if that is the color of the majority of your pins. 

Thanks for stopping by!






4 comments:

  1. I love that this is a pincushion that has more than one purpose. I love the pockets on the sides and I'm thinking I will make one and add a packet of rice, beans or stuffing beads to give weight to the bottom.. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an excellent idea! It does tend to tip over. I will do that on the next one. I think these would make a great gift for a quilter or seamstress.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea! Can never have enough pin cushions, there's always a needle stuck somewhere it shouldn't be otherwise.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!